Technical Support Specialist II
Job Title: Technical Support Specialist II
Job Location: San Diego, CA
Job Description / Responsibilities:
- Answer, evaluate, and prioritize incoming telephone, e-mail and instant messages (IM) from users experiencing problems with enterprise disk array technologies (e.g. Hitachi Data Systems, IBM, NetApp, STK/LSI).
- Interview users to collect information about problem and lead user through diagnostic procedures to determine source of error. Determine whether problem is caused by a hardware failure.
- Handle problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution. Dispatch parts and field engineers, follow up to close cases, and refer more complex problems to escalation points in the company.
- Log and track calls using management database, and maintain history records and related problem documentation.
- Prepare help desk incident reports. Analyze and evaluate incident reports and make recommendations to reduce help line incident rate.
- Call software and hardware vendors to request service regarding defective products.
- Write or revise user training manuals and procedures. Develop training materials such as exercises and visual displays.
- Train users on hardware break/fix on-site, via webinars and/or in a classroom environment.
Successful candidates should have 3+ years of experience providing pro-active and remedial hardware troubleshooting, repair and maintenance on enterprise tape libraries, disc arrays, and peripherals for one or more of the following platforms:
- Sun/STK SL8500, SL500, 9310 silos
- Hitachi data storage systems
- IBM tape libraries and arrays
Familiarity with system installation, hardware replacement procedures and firmware upgrades is required. Candidates should be experienced with disk and tape sub-systems, including RAID arrays and tape libraries. Must have the ability to interpret and diagnose system error logs. Knowledge of diagnostics, system exercisers and operating system utilities used to troubleshoot, interrogate, re-configure, and test mid-range to enterprise class systems required.
Additional Job Information:
Salary: competitive, DOE
Position type: Full-time
Benefits: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401K plan, paid vacation/sick days/holidays.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.