StorageTek Timberline 9490M32/ 9490M34 / 9490M44 Cartridge Subsystem
Technical Support, Maintenance and Repair Services
The StorageTek TimberLine 9490 Cartridge Subsystem is a high-performance 36-track tape subsystem ideal for data-intensive applications and large batch/backup workloads. The control unit has both channel-side and device-side microprocessors for enhanced throughput. The STK 9490 features fast tape recall capabilities, which eliminates traditional queuing delays with the Controller Transport Unit (CTU). All vital components are redundant, ensuring reliability, availability and serviceability.
StorageTek TimberLine 9490 Features:
- Tape capacity 1.6 GB (800 MB uncompressed)
- Single cabinet features 36-track cartridge transports, high-capacity cartridge stacker loaders and four semi-automatic subsystems
- Speedy mechanicals enable four-second lead times and improve search time by 33 percent
The STK 9490 family includes:
- STK 9490M32: Single Cabinet with two 36-track cartridge transports (tape drives)
- STK 9490M34: Single Cabinet with four 36-track cartridge transports (tape drives)
- STK 9490M44: Single Cabinet with four 36-track cartridge transports (tape drives) and four scratch loaders
ISC’s highly qualified and certified technical staff can provide hardware maintenance support services and repair for the StorageTek Timberline 9490. Our maintenance contracts and services cost typically 50-70% less than what original manufacturers charge.
Please click on the Request for Quote button below to receive a no-obligation quote for maintenance services on your StorageTek STK 9490.