Sun StorageTek StorEdge D178 Disk Subsystem
Technical Support, Maintenance and Repair Services
Designed for enterprise open systems online storage environments, the two-gigabit Fibre Channel StorageTek StorEdge D178 Disk Subsystem supports more than 32 terabytes of data, with transfer speeds up to 390 megabytes per second, to meet the demands of transaction-intensive applications. The StorageTek StorEdge D178 subsystem offers pay-as-you-grow flexibility to reconfigure systems to meet various levels of performance, capacity and availability. The D-Series software suite provides a consistent interface across all supported platforms and centralized, non-disruptive administration of one or more D-Series subsystems. You can set up storage quickly, add capacity, configure changes, partition storage, map any volume to any server and mix drive capacities and RAID levels. Robust event monitoring and notification capabilities help you resolve issues immediately. Storage partitioning and data replication features provide even more operational flexibility.
StorageTek’s Application Storage Manager™ (ASM) software dramatically reduces the total cost of ownership across your data storage system. ASM software integrates tape and disk into a seamless storage system and enables you to control storage costs throughout the information life cycle. With ASM software, you can manage data across a multi-tiered storage hierarchy, automatically and transparently, according to the unique requirements of your business environment.
StorageTek StorEdge D178 Disk Subsystem Features:
- Capacity: 216 GB to 32.7 TB
- Host connections: 8 x FC (2 GB/sec)
- Drive Channels: 4 x FC (2 GB/sec)
- Max burst I/O rate (from cache): 110,000 I/O per sec
- Max sustained I/O rate (from media): 390 MB/sec
- RAID levels supported: 0,1,3,5 and 1+ 0
- Redundant storage controllers, Fibre Channel drive loops, power supplies and cooling fans
- Hot-swap disk drives, storage controllers, power supplies, cooling fans and battery backup
- Automatic drive failure detection and rebuild using global hot spare drives; cache battery backup
ISC’s highly qualified and certified technical staff can provide hardware maintenance support services and repair for the StorageTek STK D178 Disk Subsystem. Our maintenance contracts and services cost typically 50-70% less than what original manufacturers charge.
Please click on the Request for Quote button below to receive a no-obligation quote for maintenance services on your StorageTek D178.