Sun StorageTek 9985V Disk Array
Technical Support, Maintenance and Repair Services
The Sun StorageTek 9985V Disk Array delivers the same enterprise-class functionality as the Sun StorageTek 9990V in a more flexible, modular package and a smaller footprint. With datacenter-class functionality, embedded heterogeneous virtualization, and dynamic provisioning, the StorageTek 9985V improves storage management, efficiency, and availability while reducing maintenance and operation costs. With no single point of failure, instant data access, fault-tolerant critical and redundant components, “call-home” capability, and data cache mirroring, the StorageTek 9985V ensures non-disruptive service and 24/7 data protection.
With its embedded virtualization capability for up to 96 petabytes (PB) of external heterogeneous storage, virtual partitioning of storage resources, tiered storage management, thin provisioning and universal replication, the StorageTek 9985V provides high storage and management efficiency, increased application performance, and ensured data protection and business. The StorageTek 9985V’s powerful suite of proprietary software tools ensures your system keeps your business up and running with total availability:
- Storage virtualization and DLM (Universal Volume Manager, Virtual Partitioning Manager andTiered Storage Manager)
- Business continuity, disaster recovery, and data movement (Universal Replicator, TrueCopy Replication, ShadowImage In-System Replication, Business Continuity Manager, FlashCopy)
- Data protection and storage management (Protection Manager, Device Manager, Dynamic Link Manager, Tuning Manager, Global Link Manager, SAM Suite)
- Provisioning (Dynamic Provisioning)
- SRM (Storage Services Manager, Basic Operating System Virtualization software)
Sun stopped marketing the StorageTek 9985V on 02/01/2011, selling it on 09/30/2011 and announced end of life as of 09/30/2016. To ensure proper functioning and maintenance of your data storage equipment, contact ISC Group to inquire about our maintenance and repair contract options. This will avoid any service interruptions and unplanned downtime after your original manufacturer’s warranty expires.
For post-warranty peace of mind, ISC Group offers its proprietary remote monitoring software called ISC-CHS™. ISC-CHS Call Home Service monitors the health and proper function of your Sun StorEdge 9985V Hard Drive Array. It also ensures 24/7 protection of your critical information systems by alerting you as soon as problems occur.
Sun StorageTek 9985V Hard Drive Array Features:
- 4th generation high-performance crossbar architecture
- 4 Gb/sec performance
- Up to 13.3 GB/sec aggregate bandwidth and 800,000 IOPS
- Up to 72 TB internal capacity (240 drives) and 96 PB external storage virtualization
- Minimum drives: 4D + 1 spare; maximum drives: 120, 220
- Support drives: 73 GB, 15K; 146 GB, 10K; 300 GB 10K
- Raid levels: 1, 5, 6
- Embedded virtualization
ISC Group also provides its own remote monitoring software ISC-CHS™ services for a continuous pro-active 7x24x4 services on the STK 9910.
ISC’s highly qualified and certified technical staff can provide hardware maintenance support services and repair for the StorageTek 9985V. Our maintenance contracts and services cost typically 50-70% less than what original manufacturers charge.
Please click on the Request for Quote button below to receive a no-obligation quote for maintenance services on your Sun StorageTek 9985V Hard Drive Array.