Hitachi Universal Storage Platform USP V
Technical Support, Maintenance and Repair Services
The Hitachi Universal Storage Platform USP V disk storage system delivers as many as 4.5 million IOPS and unifies data and storage services across as much as 247 petabytes (PB) of storage. The Hitachi USP V allows for virtualization and thin provisioning of internal and external storage, resource-efficient thin provisioning with Hitachi Dynamic Provisioning software, logical resource partitioning, and unified data replication across heterogeneous storage systems, all through a single management interface. The Hitachi Universal Storage Platform V is powered by the Hitachi Universal Star Network™ parallel crossbar switch architecture. The platform enables common storage services, including virtualization, thin provisioning and business continuity across storage assets from Hitachi Data Systems and other providers — whether file, object or block based. With Hitachi Dynamic Provisioning software, the USP V supports both internal and external virtualized storage, simplifies storage administration, improves performance and helps reduce overall power and cooling costs.
Hitachi stopped marketing the USP V on 02/01/2011, selling it on 09/30/2011 and announced end of life as of 09/30/2016. To ensure proper functioning and maintenance of your data storage equipment, contact ISC Group to inquire about our maintenance and repair contract options. This will avoid any service interruptions and unplanned downtime after your original manufacturer’s warranty expires.
For post-warranty peace of mind, ISC Group offers its proprietary remote monitoring software called ISC-CHS™. ISC-CHS Call Home Service monitors the health and proper function of your USP V Disk Array. It also ensures 24/7 protection of your critical information systems by alerting you as soon as problems occur.
Hitachi Universal Storage Platform USP V Features:
- 5 to 1152 disks per system
- 1 to 40 spare disks per system
- Up to 106GB/sec internal bandwidth
- Up to 4.5 million IOPS
- Up to 256GB of cache
- Supports Flash, Fibre Channel and SATA II disks
- Up to 224 host connections
- RAID-1+, RAID-5 and RAID-6 support
- 4Gbit/sec Fibre Channel back-end loops
- High-performance Fibre Channel architecture for mission-critical applications
- ESCON and FICON for mainframe environments
- Separate control and memory paths
- Supported operating platforms: Fujitsu MSP, IBM z/OS, z/OS.e, z/VM, zVSE, TPF, Mac OS X, HP-UX, Tru64 UNIX, Open VMS, IBM AIX, Microsoft Windows Server 2000, 2003, 2008, Novell NetWare, Linux Enterprise Server, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, SGI IRIX, Sun Solaris, VMware ESX
ISC Group also provides its own remote monitoring software ISC-CHS™ services for continuous pro-active 7x24x4 services on the Hitachi USP V System.
ISC’s highly qualified and certified technical staff can provide hardware maintenance support services and repair for the Hitachi Universal Storage Platform USP V. Our maintenance contracts and services cost typically 50-70% less than what original manufacturers charge.
Please click on the Request for Quote button below to receive a no-obligation quote for maintenance services on your Hitachi USP V.