Hitachi Lightning 9970V Disk Array
Technical Support, Maintenance and Repair Services
Part of the Hitachi Lightning 9900V Series, the Hitachi Lightning 9970V Disk Array, with its open systems and z/OS connectivity, offers all the high-speed, high-availability characteristics of the advanced Lightning 9900V Series in a single cabinet. It features redundant, online replaceable active components and mirrored cache for non-disruptive service and 24/7 data protection. The 9970V provides point-in-time copies for disaster recovery, tapeless data vaulting, data warehousing/data mining, or application testing, and allows scalable backup/restore functions.
Hitachi stopped marketing the 9970V on 05/16/2005, selling it on 05/16/2005 and announced end of life as of 12/31/2011. To ensure proper functioning and maintenance of your data storage equipment, contact ISC Group to inquire about our maintenance and repair contract options. This will avoid any service interruptions and unplanned downtime after your original manufacturer’s warranty expires.
For post-warranty peace of mind, ISC Group offers its proprietary remote monitoring software called ISC-CHS™. ISC-CHS Call Home Service monitors the health and proper function of your Lightning 9970V Disk Array. It also ensures 24/7 protection of your critical information systems by alerting you as soon as problems occur.
Hitachi Lightning 9970V Disk Array Features:
- 5 to 128 disk drives (with spares)
- Disk capacity: 73 to 146GB
- High-throughput, dual-ported 10,000RPM and 15,000RPM Fibre Channel disk drives
- Total raw capacity: 17.5TB
- Maximum usable capacity: 15TB
- RAID-1+ and RAID-5 support
- Maximum number of RAID groups/system: 31 (with 4 spares)
- Data cache: 2 to 64GB in 2Gb increments
- Control memory: 2 to 6GB
- Maximum virtual storage ports: 6144
- Multi-protocol compatibility: Fibre Channel, iSCSI, FICON, and ESCON
- Redundant, hot-swappable components
- Mirrored write cache with battery backup
- Supported operating platforms: UNIX, Microsoft Windows NT, Windows 2000,Windows Server 2003, Linux, Novell NetWare, HP OpenVMS, IBM z/OS
ISC Group also provides its own remote monitoring software ISC-CHS™ services for continuous pro-active 7x24x4 services on the Hitachi Lightning 9970V Array.
ISC’s highly qualified and certified technical staff can provide hardware maintenance support services and repair for the Hitachi Lightning 9970V Disk Array. Our maintenance contracts and services cost typically 50-70% less than what original manufacturers charge.
Please click on the Request for Quote button below to receive a no-obligation quote for maintenance services on your Hitachi Lightning 9970V.