Hitachi Lightning 9960 Disk Array
Technical Support, Maintenance and Repair Services
Part of the Hitachi Lightning 9900, the Hitachi Lightning 9960 Disk Array features up to 88TB of highly scalable raw storage, 32GB of cache memory, and 32 Fibre Channel, ESCON, or FICON connections in a multi-cabinet configuration. With no single point of failure, the Hitachi 9960 supports non-stop business operations. Its resilient internal switched-fabric architecture, combined with redundant, on-line replaceable active components, and mirrored cache provide non-disruptive service, and 24/7 data protection.
Hitachi stopped marketing the 9960 on 09/30/2002, selling it on 12/31/2002 and announced end of life as of 10/30/2009. To ensure proper functioning and maintenance of your data storage equipment, contact ISC Group to inquire about our maintenance and repair contract options. This will avoid any service interruptions and unplanned downtime after your original manufacturer’s warranty expires.
For post-warranty peace of mind, ISC Group offers its proprietary remote monitoring software called ISC-CHS™. ISC-CHS Call Home Service monitors the health and proper function of your Lightning 9960 Disk Array. It also ensures 24/7 protection of your critical information systems by alerting you as soon as problems occur.
Hitachi Lightning 9960 Disk Array Features:
- 5 to 512 disk drives (including spares)
- Maximum 16 hot spares
- Up to 88.3TB raw capacity per subsystem
- Up to 64.3TB usable disk capacity RAID-5
- Up to 34.87TB usable disk capacity RAID-1+
- 2 to 32GB data cache in 2GB increments
- Fully redundant, fault-tolerant, hot-swappable components
- Duplexed write cache with battery backup
- Supported operating platforms: HP (Compaq) Tru64 UNIX, HP-UX, IBM AIX, Novell NetWare, Red Hat Linux, IBM (Sequent) DYNIX/PTX, SGI IRIX, Sun Solaris, Windows 2000, Windows NT, OpenVMS, OS/390
ISC Group also provides its own remote monitoring software ISC-CHS™ services for continuous pro-active 7x24x4 services on the Hitachi Lightning 9960 Array.
ISC’s highly qualified and certified technical staff can provide hardware maintenance support services and repair for the Hitachi Lightning 9960 Disk Array. Our maintenance contracts and services cost typically 50-70% less than what original manufacturers charge.
Please click on the Request for Quote button below to receive a no-obligation quote for maintenance services on your Hitachi Lightning 9960.