Hitachi Thunder 9580V Disk Array
Technical Support, Maintenance and Repair Services
Part of the Hitachi Thunder 9500V Series, the entry-level Hitachi Thunder 9580V Disk Array enterprise system features 64TB of raw capacity, 7.4 Gigabytes per second of cached bandwidth, 1,024 Virtual Storage Ports with secure multi-tenancy, and 2,048 LUNs. The small, modular footprint of the 9580V disk array enables users to scale capacity and performance by adding disk modules as needed. The proprietary Hitachi QuickShadow™ copy-on-write snapshot software reduces storage requirements for data protection. The HiCopy™ cross-system replication allows easy data migration between Thunder 9500 V Series and Lightning 9900 V Series storage systems to minimize transitional downtime.
Hitachi stopped marketing the Thunder 9580V on 04/19/2006, selling it on 09/30/2006 and announced end of life as of 10/30/2011. To ensure proper functioning and maintenance of your data storage equipment, contact ISC Group to inquire about our maintenance and repair contract options. This will avoid any service interruptions and unplanned downtime after your original manufacturer’s warranty expires.
For post-warranty peace of mind, ISC Group offers its proprietary remote monitoring software called ISC-CHS™. ISC-CHS Call Home Service monitors the health and proper function of your Thunder 9580V Disk Array. It also ensures 24/7 protection of your critical information systems by alerting you as soon as problems occur.
Hitachi Thunder 9580V Disk Array Features:
- Up to 64TB of raw capacity in SAN, NAS, DAS or Cluster configurations; up to 107TB SATA
- Up of 449 Fibre Channel disk drives
- Drive options: 36GB (15K RPM),73 GB (10K/15K RPM) and 146GB (10K RPM)
- Internal bandwidtch: 7.5GB/sec
- Mirrored write cache with battery backup (2-8GB)
- RAID-0, RAID-1, RAID-1+0, and RAID-5 support
- 8 front-end and 8 back-end ports
- Maximum virtual storage ports: 1024
- 2,048 LUNs
- 2 Hi-PER controllers
- Hitachi QuickShadow copy-on-write snapshot software
- Hitachi HiCopy cross-system replication
- Redundant, hot-swappable components
- Host failover and alternate path support
- Supported operating platforms: Sun Solaris, Microsoft Windows NT, Microsoft Windows 2000, Microsoft Windows Server 2003, IBM AIX, HP-UX, SGI IRIX, Novell NetWare, HP Tru64 UNIX, Red Hat Linux, SuSE Linux, Turbolinux, NetApp Data ONTAP, HP OpenVMS
ISC Group also provides its own remote monitoring software ISC-CHS™ services for continuous pro-active 7x24x4 services on the Hitachi Thunder 9580V Array.
ISC’s highly qualified and certified technical staff can provide hardware maintenance support services and repair for the Hitachi Thunder 9580V Disk Array. Our maintenance contracts and services cost typically 50-70% less than what original manufacturers charge.
Please click on the Request for Quote button below to receive a no-obligation quote for maintenance services on your Hitachi Thunder 9580V.