Job Title: Depot Repair Technician
Job Location: San Diego, CA
Job Description / Responsibilities:
- Analyze, troubleshoot, repair and testing of electronic storage equipment (tape drives, tape libraries, disk array systems). Recommend and implement changes to processes and procedures. Interact with Field Engineers to deliver the best service to our customers/partners.
- Create test matrices, and test plans, system level and host interface testing, hardware problem isolation, library component configuration, writing and evaluation of automated scripts, and result documentation.
- Work in a lab environment with electromechanical devices. Handle ulti-task multiple programs with changing priorities while keeping manager informed on progress and changes. Keep detailed log of all activities. Work independently to gather test requirements in a small team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical area. Two or more years of related work experience preferred, or previous Senior Test Engineer/Quality Assurance position for two years. Strong problem solver who enjoys working in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
- Working knowledge of storage devices, tape drive technology, electronic hardware interconnection and cabling.
- Hands-on experience configuring and isolating software and hardware problems.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills (component level a plus) Familiarity with one or more of the following: tape libraries, tape autoloaders, SCSI, iSCSI, Fibre Channel, SATA, SAS, tape drives (DLT-S, DLT-V, LTO). Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced computer skills.
- Punctual and very reliable.
- Ability to work independently and perform problem-solving.
- Strong willingness to continually learn in a technological environment.
Additional Job Information:
Position type: Full-time, Hours: 7:00am-4:00pm, Mon—Fri
Benefits: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401K plan, paid vacation/sick days/holidays.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com for consideration.